Orphans and children who are deprived of parental care, attention, care, love and live in the state-run system 24/7, brought up in a collective environment, without an individual approach and a family model of upbringing, negatively affects their mental and physiological development. Such a boarding environment 24/7 forms a distorted picture of the future family life: the roles of father and mother in the educational process, family leisure, traditions of celebrating Ukrainian holidays, organization of family life and coziness, duties and responsibilities of parents.
Participants: children aged 6-17, pupils of residential institutions of the Ternopil region; guest families of Ternopil city and Ternopil region
Partners: Children's Service of the Ternopil Regional State Administration, district services for children, Ternopil city service for children, residential institutions of the Ternopil region
Solution: to form a positive idea about the traditions of celebrating holidays in the family, the culture of relationships in the family, family roles and family values; give a feeling of attention and care; promote the spread of family forms of raising children among the public.
- We conduct consultation work (interviews, questionnaires, meetings) with orphans and children deprived of parental care, employees of residential institutions, the children's service of the State Educational and Scientific Administration of Ukraine, the administration of education and science of the State Administration of Ukraine, regarding the implementation of the "Invite a child from a boarding school into a family" program
- We create and distribute social advertising in the city and region (newspapers, television, social networks, radio)
- We are forming lists of children and potential family candidates who have expressed a desire to participate in the Program
- We conduct consultation work with participants-families who have collected the necessary package of documents and filled out the Candidate Questionnaire
- We carry out mutual selection of children according to age characteristics
- We organize the establishment of the first contact (meeting) of the child with the family on the territory of the residential institution
- We support families and children during their participation in the Program
- Summing up and analyzing the results of the Program (through feedback from children, families, the administration of the boarding school)
- We raise charitable funds to improve the living conditions of children living in foster families, family-type homes
- We participate in conferences, round tables and television programs with the aim of popularizing family forms of raising children and finding effective mechanisms for helping children
All category news