To learn more about the historical and cultural heritage of Ukraine, twenty students of state-run orphanage boarding schools from Ternopil and Nove Selo together with five former graduates, who are currently among the team members of the Orphans’ Future Foundation, visited the most famous corners of the western Ukraine during June 14-15, 2019 including:
- The Crystal Cave in the village of Kryvche, which is the most famous in Western Ukraine;
- Khotyn fortress, a historic and architectural preserve, and one of the 7 miracles of Ukraine;
- The Sea of Bakota enchanting the beauty of the high mountains and the Dnister shores, and was formed on the site of the flooded village of Bakota;
- Bakota Rock Monastery where monks have lived for centuries;
- Kamianets-Podilskyi fortress that has enshrined the spirit of the Middle Ages;
- the city of Borshchiv, rich in architectural and natural landmarks of Ternopil region.
The children got real experiences and positive impressions from two days tour, because they had an opportunity to visit and discover new sights in Ukraine and feel like tourists thanks to Viki -Tour Tourist Services Provider that has professionally given a tour around to our children.
Such a tour has become possible due to financial support from Real Men Real Style Company, the USA, which returns the organization team’s lead to organize trips around Ukraine for orphanage children to expand their own horizons and study their own history and the culture of the country. After all, there are poor chances of finding out and visiting such places for these children after they leave the orphanages.
We strive to further help the children see and feel all the diverse colors of our motherland and to expand their worldview concerning Ukraine's cultural and historical heritage.